The Chainsaw internet Datalogger
- Computing environments
- Sensors by computers, routers etc fans to detect and alert when there are
abnormal changes in temperature, indicating fan failure, blocked cooling paths,
and even unusual processor activity.
- Sensors in datacentres to monitor air temperatures across cooling units,
in underfloor, "hot" and "cold" isle temperatures etc
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning)
- Monitoring differential temperatures across condensor and evaporator coils,
cooling towers, compressor temperatures and duct temperatures to ensure
systems continue to operate at optimum efficiency
- Sensors at floor, ceiling and various levels in between to help optimise
airflow and temperatures for comfort and energy efficiency
- Sensors to monitor boiler water, make-up water, DHW temperatures
- Environment monitoring
- Monitoring air temperatures, soil and subsoil temperatures and radiation monitors
- Detecting and monitoring water stratification in dams and ponds
- Monitoring refrigerated transport vehicles. Ensuring refrigeration plants are
operated at appropriate times and are operating at specified efficiencies,
and spot monitoring of transported goods to ensure they remain within required
temperatures for the duration of long-haul transportation.
- Sensor strings in silos to monitor stored grain. Alarms when temperatures spike, indicating
excessive water levels and danger of spontaneous combustion.
- Aviculture and Herpetoculture
- Monitoring incubators, brooders and enclosures. Monitoring general environment
temperature and humidity.